In our line of business, we cannot help but create a large amount of waste. The shipping industry relies on paperwork, packing materials, packaging waste, boxes, fillers, labels, tapes etc.
The waste we generate impacts our environment. As a socially and environmentally responsible business entity, we pledged to recycling as much as possible to reduce the amount of waste that ends up in the landfills. Over time, we have identified ways to reduce our waste output and reuse or recycle when possible. This leads to both cost savings and responsible waste management.
Following are some of the steps we are taking to change our negative environmental impact:
- We carefully evaluate equipment purchases; we try our best to purchase energy efficient products where possible.
- We participate in several recycling programs for a number of different materials (paper, plastic, metal, glass etc.).
- We have adjusted our internal and external processes to adopt paperless methods where possible.
- Unnecessarily redundant processes have been identified and eliminated.
- Our sustainability team monitors the rate of waste generation and is on constant lookout to introduce best practices that exceed standards set forth by EPA.