WHO NEEDS TO COMPLETE USPS FORM 1583?
Anyone utilizing the service of a third-party mail servicer to handle their correspondence and packages must complete the USPS Form 1583. This form allows the third-party mail servicer to process and handle mails on the customer’s behalf. The mail servicer is known as a CMRA or Commercial Mail Receiving Agent. Form 1583 applies to both businesses and individuals.
WHERE CAN A COPY OF THE FORM BE OBTAINED?
A copy of USPS Form 1583 can be downloaded from this link: USPS 1583 A physical copy can also be obtained from your local post office.
Instructions for USPS FORM 1583
Sections 1 and 2 are required to be completed by the person or business representative that will utilize CMRA services. The third-party CMRA or its agent will complete section 3.
- Box 1: Enter the date you are filling out the form
- Box 2: Enter your name or business representative’s name
- Box 3: Enter the address that Parqel gave you at the time of your account creation
- Box 4: LEAVE BLANK
- Box 5: Signature of the authorized person goes here
- Box 6 and 7: If any other party will be sharing the assigned address, include their information here
- Box 8: Indicate the forms of IDs are being submitted for verification. One of the IDs must be a photo ID (for business account, the photo ID must belong to the authorized agent)
- Box 9: Only applicable for business customers
- Box 10a-10e: Provide the authorized agent’s information
- Box 11: Indicate the industry of your business
- Box 12: If additional entities are using the address, their information must be included here.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES USPS FORM 1583:
Form 1583 must be notarized. After the form 1583 is completed, it must be scanned along with your IDs and submitted to Parqel. We will complete section 3 and submit Form 1583 on your behalf.
ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF IDS:
- Vehicle registration card
- State or federal government issued ID, this includes driver’s licenses
- Mortgage, deed or lease document
- Passport or Naturalization card
- Voter ID
- Insurance policy declaration page issued to the individual or the business
Birth certificates and/or Social Security cards cannot be used for identification verification purposes.